Don't Go Away Angry, Just Go Away, Far Away

Is she kidding me! Palin doesn't know she cost McCain the ticket? The McCain/Palin ticket cancelled each other out. It just goes to show how out of touch she is on every subject on every level. Sarah! Wake up and smell the ice caps melting and polar bear carcasses floating a drift. Please, please go away and surface no more. And, by the way, what happened to your health records. Those medical records never made it to the light of day... hmmm does baby Trig have anything to do with that, I wonder...

Zeitgeist Movement - The Venus Project

Zeitgeist Addendum - The Venus Project

Olbermann on Palin - Sees through the BS better than most....

Don't Send Mavericks To Washington

If You're Still Not Convinced Take a Closer Look and Listen

You Betcha - She Better Answer Those Tough Questions

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Affirmative Action for Sarah Palin?

An open address to all white women voters:


Please do not tell me you're in favor the McCain/Palin ticket for the following reasons:


A) McCain is white

B) Palin is white

C) Palin is white and a woman


Are white women in America not better than that? Are white women in America not more concerned about the future than that? Please do not tell me you'll not support Barack Obama because his skin color happens to be different from yours? Truly, you're joking - right?


And, please do not tell me you're rallying behind Palin because she happens to be a woman. I think the women of America are smarter than that.


In my previous posts I've tried to identify so many reasons why it's not a good idea to stand behind Palin. As a recap, first and foremost - she's not qualified to be the President of this great country if McCain croaks while in office. The idea of that should be a frightening thought for many sensible thinking people.


Please don't tell me Obama doesn't have enough experience. At one time, I too, thought that way until I entered the age of reason and sensibility. Barack Obama is a well educated, level headed man. I feel it's safe to say, he'll make well thought out and wise choices in selecting his Presidential cabinet. The cabinet he selects will be there to help with the difficult decisions that lay ahead for our country. And, why do I think this way? Obama chose Joe Biden as his VP and that's reason enough to feel confident. The decision was well thought out unlike McCain who snatched up Palin after needing to change his shorts following the highly favorable democratic convention. Plus, there's been much rumor that McCain was "encouraged" to select Palin as VP. Do we need another President who'll be a puppet on a string? I think not.


True, I was a bit disappointed Obama didn't select Hillary, I have to admit. However, his choice of Joe Biden, in my estimation, is a sound one indeed and one you can take to the bank.


McCain chose Palin for political reasons only. McCain didn't put country first in selecting Sarah Palin. Not only is the choice political, it's incompetent as well. Why? Because, if he cared a rats butt about country being first, McCain would've considered his own mortality in choosing a VP. At least the possibility as distasteful as the subject may be for many of us. It falls under the realm of possibility and that should be enough to scare the pants off of most sensible thinking people.


I ask all white women voters to think again, if they're dismissing Barack Obama due to his race. In my opinion, that is backward thinking and I know, I believe, the white women in this great country are much smarter than that.


The demographics on the American landscape is quickly shifting. Within the next 20 years, the country will be much more a sea of many colored pearls, not just white. There's no room left for a mentality to vote for a person because the skin color or gender fits a framework. That just doesn't play out any longer. We, the people, need to be concerned about the issues and there are many, too many. We need a new administration in Washington with the fortitude and strength of character to pull America out of the deep ditch the Republicans created. Once again, the Democrats need to come on board and clean house - the huge mess left in the Republicans wake. These are the very things that need to be in the forefront of people's minds.

1 comment:

ceevee said...

I'm with you!! I am following your blog. I don't have one of my own. Just a "team" blog and that's hard enough to keep up with.

But YAY for your blog, and I am One Mama for Obama!